Saturday, 20 September 2014

Audience Feeback and Evaluation : DPS music piracy practice







This task was particularly not an easy one, there was a struggle trying to find two sides of the argument and not basing my journalism on a one sided argument concerning music piracy. Other than this issue, my research skills are to a standard and i was able to structure an article with a two sided argument; my skills are also evident within the article. With my research websites like; Wikipedia, RIAA, BBC and MTV helped me with this task. Because Wikipedia is an unreliable source to use, i had to use the other 3 websites as backup to just in case what Wikipedia is telling me is all false; to my surprise all 4 websites stated very similar points.
My writing and journalistic skills are just as good as the research skills. I used a variety of vocabulary, language devices and techniques to be able to engage to the possible readers of this practice article. I hope I will continue to produce such high level standard throughout my AS media course.

To be able to complete this task I had to use InDesign, I had to refresh my memory of how to use InDesign and the basic skills needed for this software which was a bit difficult. Firstly I completely forgot how to create a double page spread and how to do other certain key things on InDesign. However with the help of my classmates and my teacher I adjusted to this software by the end of the lesson. I need to keep up with my skills with InDesign because I would possibly be using this programme multiple times within AS Media.
I've uploaded my article below this evaluation so that the public are able to view my progression in media. I know people that blog and I have heard of blogger before so I didn't find it difficult creating my blog. With this blog, I would be able to get suggestions, feedback and improvements from other people which will help with my AS Media course.

To retrieve audience feedback I created a small paper based questionnaire and asked 5 other people including a member of staff to give me back what they felt about the dps page I made. I found out that they all thought that the layout, colour choice and images where appropriate to the task set. 2 of 5 people that did my questionnaire commented that the use of statistics in the article encouraged them to read on and find out more. One person said that they was impressed with my journalism and all of them thought that my short opinion at the end made them reflect on what the article was about.

However from the feedback I have found out the improvements that I would need to make;
  • Make sure I complete all my assignments to its deadline
  • Maintain organisation to not fall behind in work
  • Brush up my InDesign skills and knowledge for future tasks

No comments:

Post a Comment