Thursday, 27 November 2014

Magazine Construction 1 Update



This is the updated version of my music magazine.

Software: ADOBE Photoshop

From the first construction of my front page:
  • I have changed the name of my magazine from LYRIK to CLEF. This is because no one else has used CLEF has a name for a magazine so it would make my magazine unique. Additionally the name of my magazine sounds and looks a lot more sophisticated and appealing to the target audience which is what I am aiming to do with this task.
  • Furthermore I have changed the colour scheme of my magazine from burgundy, grey and blue to white, orange and blue. This is because most urban magazines use these colours, as I want some originality in my magazine,I used orange. I think orange will add some brightness to the page in contrast to the usual urban convention; dull and dark colours.


Moreover I have developed the font, font size and font colour.

  •  I reduced the size of the font because it interfered with the main model too much and made my front page look very childish and not professional. This also clashed with the original desired layout that I wanted. I changed the size of the additional featured stories to 36 for the main artist/cover story and 18 for the pull quote to each story. By using this I was able to fit all the featured stories on my front page without interfering with the main model image.
  • I removed the quote on my previous sample because it took up too much space and made the page look too crowded. I changed the font of the name of the model from FRANKLIN GOTHIC HEAVY to FREESTYLE SCRIPT. This has successfully added an appeal to my front page and made it look more professional and fit to purpose.
  • Also i changed the pull quote from RUTH IS BACK to RETURN OF THE GREAT because its short and simple. It also is straight to the point on what I am trying to communicate with the audience.
  • With the font colour I stuck to my colour scheme to make it look sophisticated and suitable for my target audience. I added some black to make certain elements of the text stand out so that it attracts the audience I am aiming at.
  • Finally for my layout I added the barcode and price at the bottom of the front page and the issue number right under the "C", as this is a vital information the consumer of this product needs to know and I wanted it to be small as possible so that is doesn't take up any space. 

More changes may be made shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment