Monday, 1 December 2014

Magazine Construction 2 Update

This is the updated version of my music magazine.
Software: ADOBE InDesign

From the first construction of my contents page:

  • I have assigned a specific layout for my contents page. This is different from the house style plan I created before starting this task. This change was to enable every bit of information and images I wanted on my contents page to be able to fit, be visible and not make it look to crowded or disorganised.
  • Additionally I once again changed the colour scheme from white, orange and blue to black, orange and blue. This is the last change I will make to the colour scheme, as too much change will cause a disturbance to my construction. This was because the white contrasted with the backdrop of the shoot and the clothes my main model was wearing, and black stands out a lot more than white so it is easier to be seen by my targeted audience.
Furthermore;
  • I changed the font of the title of this page from FRANKLIN GOTHIC HEAVY to AGENCY FB. I have done this because the previous font was too big and made my magazine look displaced from the type of style I was aiming to achieve. This change will make a difference to my whole magazine because I will be using the same font for the whole magazine.
  • The page numbers are all in orange, bolded and font size 24 so they stand out more and readers can see what page they will need to go on to read the exclusive story.
  • The sub-headings "FEATURES & REGULARS" are in blue to go with the chosen colour scheme.
  • I added a white box around the cover story content because it is the first thing I want my readers to see first. Also the sub-heading "COVER STORY" is in orange and the page number is in blue which differs from all the other sub-headings so it catches attention of the reader first.

More changes pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment